[Kde-pim] Review Request 114996: Close mailbox before renaming it

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Mon Jan 13 14:10:39 GMT 2014

On Monday, 13 January 2014 13:54:00 CEST, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> The resource already calls EXPUNGE whenever it syncs a
> collection, so calling
> it once more when it renames the collections should do no harm (or am I
> missing something?)

Well, this means that if people use the traditional two-phase delete
workflow of IMAP (i.e. "mark as deleted" at first, "remove deleted"
second), they will get unexpected removals when Akonadi happens to sync its
colections at the same time. This is not a high-risk problem, but it does
introduce trouble -- the traditional workflow helps me from accidental mail
loss (got to press "Delete" *and* something else afterwards), but Akonadi's
behavior actively thwarts that protection.

From my point of view, this is a broken behavior and I would file a bug if
I hit this myself. Your users might or might not expect this -- it's up to
you to evaluate.

Cheers,
Jan

--