[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:31:26 GMT 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:

> There are usecases when sysadmins want to pre-configure users' Akonadi on
> first login to have their email, corporate calendar etc. configured. This
> would be difficult with KAccounts (IMO). I'm much more in favor of
> following
> the current approach of each resource instance having it's own config file
> in
> ~/.config/akonadi (wouldlaos  make migration much easier for us). Just my
> $0.02.

Technically I think that having pre-configured stuff would be possible with
KAccounts,
the existing accounts are stored in just a sqlite database.

Plus I'd assume you'd have to authenticate to that corporate account on
first login anyway?
What I did in KTp is when it finds a Telepathy account which is not stored
in KAccounts, it asks for password (which it would anyway because no stored
password exists) and if you choose to save the password, new account in
KAccounts
is created for that Telepathy account.

However, I believe that the config should indeed be rather stored in it's
own config file.
The reason is smaller overhead compared to starting and querying KAccounts.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer