[Kde-pim] Thoughts on fixing the CalDAV Ressource ignoring multiple events in fetched *.ics files

Philipp Schmidt philipp at schmidt-rheinhausen.de
Thu Oct 10 20:12:51 BST 2013

Hello,

in order to finally be able to use owncloud/Android/KOrganizer together
without any drawbacks I wanted to find out why KOrganizer or more
specifically Akonadi completely ignores the fact that there can be
multiple VEVENTS in a CalDAV calendar file and only presents me with one
(most often one of the recurrence exceptions with STATUS:CANCELLED).

I think I tracked it down to the fact that in the following file:
kdepim-runtime/resources/dav/resource/davgroupwareresource.cpp line
646ff and 710ff an IncidencePtr is used.

And in the source thereof we find the following line when creating such
an IncidencePtr from String:

return !list.isEmpty() ? list.first() : Incidence::Ptr();
(kdepimlibs/kcalcore/icalformat.cpp line 208)

But, since most of the KDEPIM source is still a mystery to me I'd like
to read your thoughts on the matter. In my eyes a CalendarPtr is the
more suitable choice here and the

bool ICalFormat::fromString( const Calendar::Ptr &cal, const QString
&string, bool deleted, const QString &notebook )

method would have to be used instead. I would go ahead and fix it if the
dav resource is the only place that needs fixing. If however other
changes are needed it would be nice if you could point me to those
places ;) (And maybe give some hints).

Cheers
Philipp Schmidt