[Kde-pim] When is body content retrieved in IMAP disconnected mode?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:50:39 GMT 2013

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 01:27:24 PM Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Accounts which are disconnected from the beginning should download the full
> messages from the beginning (so it's actually usable offline). One case
> where that doesn't happen is when an account was online (resulting in only
> headers being downloaded), and then later on switched to offline. In that
> case the behavior you're describing results, which is obviously not what we
> want. Andras is started working on this issue AFAIK.

I removed the account and re-added the account, ensuring disconnected mode was
checked, then let it sync overnight.

NOTE: The Account wizard defaults to disconnected mode being disabled.
Probably would be better for it to default to enabled.

That improved things with more emails being found in the search, but a lot is
still being missed.

Also it found several empty emails with no attributes - dunno if that was a
bad index entries or actual null emails.

And now getting weird results with common searchs - one I saved search I
always setup is "Message Status = unread". That worked initially, then it
stopped finding any emails. recreating the search did not help.

Its kinda depressing. I recreated the account from scratch, let it sync and
index for hours and searching is still quite broken.

I would rate this sort of thing as a total blocker for Marketing. Searching, a
major feature is just not reliable, often not even functional.

--
Lindsay Mathieson