[Kde-pim] When is body content retrieved in IMAP disconnected mode?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Mar 8 13:08:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Came across this when testing searching "Complete Message" for a term. Old
> messages I knew contained the term weren't being found by the search until
> I viewed them in kontact - and when I did view them it looked like the
> body was only being downloaded then.

> I presumed with disconnected mode that the entire message was being
> downloaded but it looks like its only doing it when viewed.

There was a bug that caused losing the cached body if you removed *any* pim
account. This effectively turned disconnected IMAP into online IMAP for
anything that was downloaded. There was also the bug that turning an online
imap acount to a disconnected one didn't fetch all the bodies, only for
those mails you explicitely looked at.
Both issues are fixed in master.

> If so, this has an impact for content searching doesn't it?

That is something Christian can answer, I'm not sure how indexing works.

Andras