[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 3 18:29:58 GMT 2013

Am 03.03.2013 18:00, schrieb Volker Krause:

> Much more interesting than these workarounds is IMHO: why do you want to
> delete the database? Providing proper solutions for these use-cases seems much
> more useful to me.

Hm, I use several computers where the home folder is synced at login
from the server and at logout to the server. Depending on the amount of
data this takes some time (1GB ethernet is not that problematic, but on
WLan it can be).

Same is true for backup. The database stuff is bad to backup (any change
leads to complete databae change). And if I have to restore (I had it
once without akonadi database) I can get problems without akonadi database.

My wish is to get a complete cache separated from the other stuff
(similar to thumbnails). So I can ignore the database during sync/backup
but have all I need to set it up again.

regards
Martin