[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Mar 3 17:11:22 GMT 2013

Volker Krause wrote:

> Also don't forget that the path string changes for entire sub trees if you
> rename a folder. And we also need identifiers for addressing data in
> Nepomuk, for every item.

Just a note, this is what we run into with my latest patch: if a folder is
renamed or moved, the filters won't work. Previously this was supported.
Suggestions welcome. :)

> Much more interesting than these workarounds is IMHO: why do you want to
> delete the database? Providing proper solutions for these use-cases seems
> much more useful to me.

Well, reasons:
1) failed migration
2) changing database backend (e.g on distros defaulting to sqlite)
3) switching from local db to shared database

And there is of course also the syncing issue.

Andras