[Kde-pim] Hello. New with documentation.

Scarlett Clark scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com
Thu Jun 13 01:48:10 BST 2013

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 06:46:15 PM laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mercredi 12 juin 2013 18:17:32 Kevin Krammer a écrit :
> > Hello Scarlett,
> >
> > On Wednesday, 2013-06-12, Scarlett Clark wrote:
> > > Hello everyone. I am not sure this is the correct place for me. I
am
> > > trying
> > > to learn the documentation writing process, so that I can
contribute. I
> > > was told by kde-docs that kmail/kde-pim could use some help. If
anyone
> > > has any advice for me, it would be welcomed.
> >
> > Welcome at KDE and KDE PIM :)
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your offer to help with documentation writing, an
area
> > that is of great importance for a good user experience but
unfortunately
> > one were we seem to have difficulties attracting contributors.
> >
> > Since I am not working on documentation myself I am unsure what
the next
> > steps would ideally be. However, I've taken the liberty to CC this
reply
> > a couple of people who are likely to know that :)
> >
> > Anne is our "master of online documentation", e.g. our efforts of
having
> > user guides and similar things in our wiki targetted at users,
> > http://userbase.kde.org
> >
> > Manfred and Vincent seem to be  the people working and
coordinating the

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim/kmail

> Hi Scarlett
>
> KMail documentation didn’t updated from long time. I added some
update in
> master and decided to improve it before 4.11 but if you want to make
it no
> problem :)
> I need to create documentation for my new application.
>
> But I can help you to show which new features I added in kmail (in
> 4.9/4.10/4.11) and I can explain them.
>
> Regards

	Ok, I think I am ready to jump in and at least try. I have Kate set up
for Docbook, and the sources built from git. I have read all of the how-
tos on the wiki. I learn best by doing, so send me the features!! In the
meantime I will start poking around this new kmail and compare to the
docs to see what is amiss.

	The only thing I could not find is , where do I submit this stuff? I
Started to do some of the items in the EBN, but I am not entirely sure
what and where to send this stuff. Do I make a patch file, or rename
the original and make changes and send (where?) the whole thing?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.
Scarlett