[Kde-pim] Favourites and Advanced Folders Links wrong after deleting akonadi db

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Feb 17 21:44:49 GMT 2013

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Ok, thanks. And what a PITA - deleting the DB is still a common response
> to akonadi problems.

 Why would it be? I don't remember when did I removed the last time my db.
Must be some years ago, or more exactly my mysql folder in
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data is from September 2011 and that might have
been when I moved my home dir to a new partition.[*] Especially if you have
added manually the accounts to the server, it *should* work (famous last
word ;) ).
 In theory there could be things breaking the db completely, but I doubt
this happens often, if at all. Broken search is unrelated to the Akonadi
database. Missing cached bodies for e.g disconnected IMAP (meaning you need
to be online to read disconnected IMAP) is a partial breakage, but not
really in the database, but in the IMAP code.
 Most of the things that could have gone wrong in previous versions are
caught by akonadictl fsck, and cleaned up. Some are not yet cleaned up, but
they should not cause real buggy behavior.

Andras

[*] Compared to KMail1, where I basically removed the *.index files monthly
as my mail listing got messed up.