[Kde-pim] Favourites and Advanced Folders Links wrong after deleting akonadi db

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:54:08 GMT 2013

Couple of thoughts:

- Could the Filters and Favourites info be saved in the same location as
the account info? obviously it survives the cache being erased and it is
info that belongs in the account.

- Could the Unique ID be a hash of (Account Id + Full Folder Path)? Again
it would survive Cache resets and would be unique.

On 18 February 2013 07:44, Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> wrote:

> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>
> > Ok, thanks. And what a PITA - deleting the DB is still a common response
> > to akonadi problems.
>
>  Why would it be? I don't remember when did I removed the last time my db.
> Must be some years ago, or more exactly my mysql folder in
> ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data is from September 2011 and that might have
> been when I moved my home dir to a new partition.[*] Especially if you have
> added manually the accounts to the server, it *should* work (famous last
> word ;) ).
>  In theory there could be things breaking the db completely, but I doubt
> this happens often, if at all. Broken search is unrelated to the Akonadi
> database. Missing cached bodies for e.g disconnected IMAP (meaning you need
> to be online to read disconnected IMAP) is a partial breakage, but not
> really in the database, but in the IMAP code.
>  Most of the things that could have gone wrong in previous versions are
> caught by akonadictl fsck, and cleaned up. Some are not yet cleaned up, but
> they should not cause real buggy behavior.
>
> Andras
>
> [*] Compared to KMail1, where I basically removed the *.index files monthly
> as my mail listing got messed up.

Lindsay