[Kde-pim] Favourites and Advanced Folders Links wrong after deleting akonadi db

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Feb 17 21:37:16 GMT 2013

Sven Burmeister wrote:

> Yes. This was reported already but not seen as valid. You simply must not
> delete your db without deleting everything else.

Or without fixing the config files. :)

> Back then I suggested to not rely on "unique" numbers, i.e. 1,2,3,4...
> within the akonadi db but create real unique numbers or at least save a
> unique number in the config and db and check whether they match when
> starting akonadi. this would allow to prevent this kind of trouble and
> even data loss, e.g. because messages are moved to some folder, e.g. the
> trash.

I might have missed (or forgot) the discussion. The solution would be to
identify the folders based on remoteId. But remoteId is unique only inside a
certain folder, so the code will be somewhat more complex (you would
basically need to store a full path of remoteId's). It is doable, but the
problem is as always: somebody needs to code it, including with upgrade
scripts for existing configuration files.

Andras