[Kde-pim] Akonadi architectural knowledge

Morten Larsen mortl at itu.dk
Sat Oct 6 20:47:07 BST 2012

Hi,

Thanks a million Andras, your answers are very useful to me.

On 05/10/12 10:06, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Morten Larsen wrote:
>> f) Do you get and answer questions in the mailing list or IRC channels
>> which can be considered to be architectural in nature (i.e. not on low
>> level design such as detailed questions on the API)?
> I'm not sure what architecture means in this context for you. The base
> architecture, how the server and clients communicate is quite set in stone,
> it is not easy to change without massively breaking stuff.
That is exactly what I mean by architecture: The early, high-level
fundamental design decisions which are very hard to change later on.
What I meant to uncover with this question is whether the architecture
is well understood by non-Akonadi developers. If many developers were
asking questions related to the fundamental architecture, this could
indicate that the architectural knowledge was not readily available to
developers outside the group, i.e. that the dissemination of knowledge
was not working (either that the information was hard to find or
difficult to understand).

Morten