[Kde-pim] the kde-pim database internal structure.

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri Nov 2 20:03:06 GMT 2012

On Thursday 01 November 2012 14:50:38 mparchet at sunrise.ch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If i have been understand, akonadi is an object oriented database. For example, In my case, I Can have person class inherits contact class or Doctor inherits person. And insurance inherits contact. Is it correct ?
> Tanks for your answer.

As somebody else has already pointed out, Akonadi is not a storage database, it's simply a cache allowing different types of data and different types of storage to be accessed using a common scheme. So you first have to decide how you want to store your data outside Akonadi. This can be in files, databases, the cloud, or whatever you like. Then, to allow access to your data via Akonadi, you need to write an Akonadi resource to read and write to your data storage. This will then enable you to access your data using Akonadi functions, using whatever C++ classes you decide are convenient to represent your data items.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.