[Kde-pim] [GSoC 2012] Improve KOrganizer templates

lavinia bobonete lavinia.bobonete at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:28:36 BST 2012

Hey,

Thank you for your notice. I didn't realize I had an old version of
KOrganizer (I was using Ubuntu 10.10, but now I've updated it to
11.10). I see that changes in the UI are not necessary anymore.
Actually, it looks great now.

Anyway, some of my ideas are still standing:

	* A Save Template button can be included instead of Manage Templates
button, next to a text area where users can add the new template name.

	* Load button could be placed next to Save button. On click, the
window can temporarily extend, so that in its right side, user can see
the existing templates and choose the one to apply.
	Furthermore, templates could be included in different categories or
sorted by different criteria.
	A Remove button could be also part of this extended frame.

	* It would be nice to still have a Manage Template window accessible
from Settings, just like Manage Categories.

	* Another cool feature could be a "Start from Template" Action. When
selected, a list of all the available templates will appear. User will
choose a template and its specific action window will start (Event,
To-Do or Journal), with the template already loaded.

Waiting for your feedback,
Lavinia