[Kde-pim] kaddressbook scalability

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Fri Mar 2 21:45:27 GMT 2012

Hi,

Has anybody looked into the ability of kaddressbook to handle large
amounts of content? I had assumed that beng based on Akonadi::Monitor
et. al., that it would smoothly handle large data sets, but that is
clearly not the case. I'm not especially familiar with the GUI side of
things, but was wondering if some simple change to the usage of
Akonadi::Monitor might magically fix things? I've has a look at
globalcontactmodel.cpp, but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Ideas?

Thanks, Shaheed