[Kde-pim] Kolab Resource, new storage format

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Mon Mar 5 16:15:22 GMT 2012

Hey,

As you might know we'll have a new storage format for Kolab 3.0.
In order to have support for that in Kontact I'm going to start working
on the
Kolab resource rather soon. Before I start with the development though,
I'd
like to ask if any issues are known with the current approach of the
proxy
resource, or if there are any other structural changes which should
happen
during this overhaul.
So if you know of any problems, or have comments otherwise, please tell
me
now.

My plan is to factor out the format implementation (I'll need it
outside of
kontact for the upgrade code too), and then add the kolab format v3, so
the
resource can handle both formats (with a configuration option which
format to
use). From what I've seen so far, all the code for handling the mime
messages
can be reused after some refactoring.

I'd also like to add the possibility to have multiple kolab resources
at the
same time, is there a reason that this isn't possible right now?

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Mollekopf