[Kde-pim] Kolab Resource, new storage format

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 16:49:47 GMT 2012

On Monday 05 March 2012 17:15:22 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hey,
>
> As you might know we'll have a new storage format for Kolab 3.0.
> In order to have support for that in Kontact I'm going to start working
> on the
> Kolab resource rather soon. Before I start with the development though,
> I'd
> like to ask if any issues are known with the current approach of the
> proxy
> resource, or if there are any other structural changes which should
> happen
> during this overhaul.
> So if you know of any problems, or have comments otherwise, please tell
> me
> now.
>
> My plan is to factor out the format implementation (I'll need it
> outside of
> kontact for the upgrade code too), and then add the kolab format v3, so
> the
> resource can handle both formats (with a configuration option which
> format to
> use). From what I've seen so far, all the code for handling the mime
> messages
> can be reused after some refactoring.

Right, once you isolated the format operations well enough, the rest should be
completely reusable.

> I'd also like to add the possibility to have multiple kolab resources
> at the
> same time, is there a reason that this isn't possible right now?

Why would you need that? The Kolab resource right now covers all IMAP accounts
with Kolab folders at once. That's easier to set up (nothing to configure),
and more efficient (only one resource process).

regards,
Volker