[Kde-pim] Item is removed from Akonadi before Resource confirms it?

Dan Vratil dan at progdan.cz
Mon Mar 19 16:15:15 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with handling item removal in Akonadi resource - I need
to fetch payload of the item that is passed to itemRemoved() method, but when
I call ItemFetchJob on the item, I get "Query returned empty result set"
error. If I understand it correctly, Akonadi first removes the item from cache
and then asks resource to remove it from the remote storage?

Is this really the intended behavior? I would expect Akonadi to actually keep
the item (somewhere) and remove it after resource confirms it by emitting
changeCommited(), or rolls back the change  when resource cancels the task
(due to error, for example)

When a resource fails to remove the item for server (bug in resource, bug on
server,...), the item will disappear from Akonadi but will remain on server,
which can be confusing for user when (s)he logs to the service via web
interface for example and sees the item there (and when using incremental
synchronization, the item will not even be ever sync'ed back to Akonadi unless
user modifies it on the server manually).

Regards,

Dan

--
Dan Vratil
www.progdan.cz | dan at progdan.cz | Jabber: progdan at jabber.cz
Fingerprint: 76C9 2F08 5D0D 6F9E 5AD4 2BFD 3A85 0307 F506 5B61