[Kde-pim] [GSoC] KMail HTML editor

Torgny Nyblom nyblom at kde.org
Tue Mar 20 17:23:24 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 20 March 2012 08.26.33 AMIT DATTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >On Monday 19 March 2012 13:05:35 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> >
> > Have you tested with editing a mail that has javascript inside and made
> > sure that that code is not executed?
>
> I prefer not sending mails containing javascript as I tested and fount out
> that most of the clients won't either display it properly, flag it as spam
> or block the javascript altogether. So the generated content will purely be
> in HTML.

I'm not talking about generated content but the content while editing, ex: You
get a mail that contains some script. You press reply. Will the script be
executed?

> > Also have you tested to see that the preferences for loading external
> > content is working?
>
> The generated message itself will is of type multipart/alternative, and will
> contain two parts, the first part of type text/plain, which is read by
> text-only
> clients, and the second with text/html, which is read by HTML capable
> clients.
> This will help because many mailing lists deliberately block HTML email,
> by stripping off the HTML part just to leave the plain-text part.

See above, but for linked images, scripts, css, ..., will those be loaded if
the setting says not to?

Are only multipart/alternative supported?

/Regards
Torgny