[Kde-pim] Kolab usage of kdepimlibs, kdepimlibs split

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Sat Jun 23 01:17:58 BST 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 17.28:14 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2012-06-22, Christian Mollekopf <mollekopf at kolabsys.com> wrote:
> > The preferred way forward is pulling those libraries out of kdepimlibs,
> > along the lines of what is happending for frameworks, with only the
> > dependencies which are really required.
>
> I'm pretty sure the plan is to split up (most of) kdepimlibs as
> independent frameworks once the frameworkified (is that a word?) kdelibs
> is getting ready for a release.
>
> What's your timeframes?

About a month from now =P (not sure when it actually get's critical).
We certainly need some solution before frameworks though (kimap & kcalcore are
most pressing currently).

Maybe it would be possible to already do the split in a branch, which can
depend on a reasonably low kdelibs (4.3), in a way that the result of that can
then actually be used when kdepimlibs is ready for a split.

I suppose I could maintain such a branch and port patches, until we're there

At least that is the only idea I have how to solve that issue, without copying
code to our own libraries and doing patchwork there (which seems like a waste
of time to me if I could do upstream work during that time).

Cheers,
Christian