[Kde-pim] Kolab usage of kdepimlibs, kdepimlibs split

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 26 09:49:22 BST 2012

Hey,

I looked into using a preleminary version of frameworks, but there are a
couple of problems, like the required cmake version or that there still
remains the need for libkdecore. Generally just too many dependencies, and I
would still have to check that it actually works with qt 4.6.

So it looks, sadly, like I will have to copy paste together a library
containing the required kdecore/kdepimlibs libraries (which I hope I can make
work with qt 4.6).

Of course that is a temporary workaround, but I see no other solution (at
least not one that is any better) until kdeframeworks.

I'll see that I develop against kdepimlibs anyways and just port the patches
to my copy and hope to survive this way until I can get rid of this mess
again.

In case you are aware of a solution that does also work on relatively outdated
systems (some call it stable), and doesn't require shipping loads of extra
(updated) packages, a hint would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian

PS: If somebody feels like giving me a heads up on what is required to get
kcalcore and kimap ready for frameworks during akademy, I'd be interested.