[Kde-pim] Building trunk kdepim & runtime, can't find NepomukCore

Del delonly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:38:54 BST 2012

Hello Mike,

My apologies for bad choice of words, it was inconsiderate. You are of course
free to make whatever design decisions you may choose. That said, build-tool
would have been a realistic option for a larger audience with a more
conservative choice of dependencies. This is not unique though, I see it every
day. I had to do through fire to get the RH6 upgrade, and it took me almost a
year. The main reason for the upgrade was exactly to get more up-to-date
software stack. I see developers I collaborate with typically favouring the
latest and greatest version of whatever framework they are using. For that
reason we have needed custom installations of up-to-date cmake, python, qt and
boost for years. It is a challenge, it drains resources that could be used
elsewhere. It is one of the reasons why moving to a newer version of RH is
difficult. Please do not feel let down, you have done a fantastic effort on the
build-tool, and I am convinced there are numerous users using it and loving
it. Again my apologies, I was basically trying to make a joke not realising
that I was stepping on anybody.

Cheers,
Del