[Kde-pim] KDE 4.8, Virtuoso at 130% CPU for hours now - how can I help find the issue?

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Jan 28 11:51:52 GMT 2012

Am Samstag, 28. Januar 2012, 12:27:30 schrieb Markus Feilner:
> At least one of my systems has changed behaviour. On the desktop PC running
> Ubuntu 11.10, since today, no "huge" virtuoso-t" activity has shown. Is it
> possible that on a Quad-Core Phenom with 8 GByte RAM the indexing of some 6
> GByte Mailstore takes several days? I doubt that.
>
> And if so, how long should I have my notebook (no change there, same
> behaviour as Georg reports, running Mint 12) attached to power...? :-)

I thought there was a setting to make neopmuk stop indexing when on battery.
But I cannot find it at the moment. :(

> I will have it run for the weekend, but I doubt that this is the problem.

http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/debugging-nepomukvirtuosos-cpu-
usage/

You can try to find out which queries keep it busy. Unfortunately I do also
see high cpu usage without any queries running. Logging its actions does not
work very well either, i.e. the log does not get filled even if I enable
logging for everything possible.

Sven