[Kde-pim] KDE 4.8, Virtuoso at 130% CPU for hours now - how can I help find the issue?

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 28 00:53:43 GMT 2012

Hey Georg,

It might be that the initial indexing of the new akonadi nepomuk indexer is
causing virtuoso to run at full speed. If this is the case you should see the
that the indexer is currently indexing (by it's status message) in akonadi
console. The indexer itself shouldn't use a lot of cpu power, all the work is
done by virtuoso.

Otherwise I unfortunately can't help you. It happened to me a couple of times
that virtuoso got stuck on some query, resulting in virtuoso going crazy.
Killing virtuosos & nepomuk and restarting the nepomukserver process did the
trick in those cases for me though.

There is the "isql" utility which can be used to figure out what virtuoso is
actually doing, but I haven't used it myself so far, and would need to dig
some information out about that. Contact me if you think this could help.

Cheers,

Christian