[Kde-pim] Phantom akonadi IMAP resources

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Sun Feb 26 08:29:44 GMT 2012

Jörg,

Can you possibly try the following? Note that this might be very
resource intensive, and so might itself destabilise the system so you
may need some time/patience to get results.

1. Shutdown kontact and anything else you can to minimise Akonadi traffic.

2. Run "akonadiconsole". On Ubuntu at least, it is actually in its own
package, so you may need to install it first.

3. On the Debugger tab, check the "enable" box.

4. Start kmail

Now, when kmail becomes unresponsive and starts consuming lots of
memory, do you see anything in the debugger window? There will be
several tabs, it may help if you can close all but the ones that elate
to imap/kmail (and "All").

Finally, don't forget to disable the debugger by unchecking the box,
otherwise your memory and performance will continue to suffer!

Thanks, Shaheed