[Kde-pim] HTML messages

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Feb 28 22:05:40 GMT 2012

Hi,

first of all, this is the wrong mailing list for this kind of question
since it is clearly usage related and not development related. So, in
future, please use the kdepim-users mailing list for user questions.

Having said this,

On Tuesday 28 February 2012, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am looking for a setting I am sure some of you have found.
> The setting is for showing an icon selection of HTML/plaintext in the
> fancy header for a message that can be viewed in both modes.
>
> I know it exists as I have been using kmail this way on my main
> computer (ATM version 4.8.0) for ages. Now I have kmail 2.1.1 on my
> laptop and cannot for my life find the setting for enabling these
> "structure icons". Is my 2.1.1 kmail from the newest Mandriva too
> old or am I just blind?

You are not blind. I'm not aware of such a feature to exist in the
official KDE version of KMail. It is possible that some distributor
added such a feature without upstreaming it.

The following feature did and still does exist: If KMail shows a pure
HTML message as plain text then the message display contains a link for
switching to HTML view.

The following feature did exist in older versions of KMail: The message
structure pane which optionally was shown below the message preview
pane. By selecting the HTML part in the message structure pane and then
clicking the link (the same as mentioned above) one could switch the
message to HTML view.

Regards,
Ingo