[Kde-pim] New Kolab-Resource depending on libkolab

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 20 12:22:41 BST 2012

Hey,

I'm more or less done with refactoring the Kolab-Resource so it uses the
libkolab library, libkolab being the library implementing the kolab format. I
moved the old Kolab v2 implementation to libkolab as well, so libkolab can now
read and write kolab v2 and v3 transparently. This also means that the kolab
resource can already operate in v3 mode, I disabled the configuration interface
to enable this option for now though.

There is also an upgrade option, which just re-writes all items with the new
format, also hidden by the config option.

I'd like to merge the result into master soonish, so we have the new resource
available in 4.9, respectively when we're ready with Kolab 3.0. The codepaths
for v2 remained mostly unchanged, so I don't expect any instability there, and
I'm already using the resource since a couple of weeks in v2 mode.
If there are no objections the kolab resource will depend on libkolab from 4.9
on, meaning it will simply not be built if libkolab can not be found.

The repositories can be found here:
http://git.kolab.org/libkolab/
http://git.kolab.org/libkolabxml/

libkolab lacks yet a stable release, but I will make one before end of april
(before the dependency freeze).
libkolabxml is a dependency of libkolab. Both are required to build the kolab
resource.

The progress on the kolab resource can be seen here:
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Fkdepim-
runtime%2Fcmollekopf%2FpimRuntimeClone.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/kolabresource

Does anyone know where those new, optional dependencies would have to be
announced?

Cheers,
Christian