[Kde-pim] Resource deleted which is kept in owncloud (was some other subject)

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Apr 12 10:10:05 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2012 schrieb Anders Lund:
> The deleted resource is kept in owncloud, and accessed via webdav. I
> think  what happens is that if there is a defunct network connection
> where a web login is required, akonadi uncritically empties the
> resource and later overwrites it with a bland file.

Akonadi uses a metadata cache. So if Akonadi loses some of its data, it
does not necessarily mean that it was the original data. It could have
been "only" the cached metadata as well.

Are you sure that Akonadi did remove the data from Owncloud?

If so this is indeed a critical bug which I invite you to report to
bugs.kde.org!

I not, recreating the resource should make Akonadi resynchronize the data
from your Owncloud if I am not mistaken.

> I am nearing the end of my time as a kdepim user though, I am simply
> tired of  key applications getting in the way. You will probably be
> very happy to not have me as a user

By all means use something else temporarily before you get too frustrated
about KDEPIM and Akonadi. No one forces you to suffer using software which
does not seem to work for your at the moment.

Thanks,