[Kde-pim] Mix of config and cache data

Marc Deop damnshock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:30:11 BST 2012

On Monday 23 April 2012 15:11:57 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Every File/Folder (or Item/Collection to use tha akonadi jargon), has a unique
> id within the db. If you delete the db, the new db will reuse those ids though
> (but probably not for the same file/folder). Since config options applying to a
> certain folder usually use this id, your config will suddenly apply to a
> different folder after recreating the db.
> That is why such config options should be stored in the db IMO.

IMHO storing such information in config files is as wrong as storing configuration things into the DB.

The thing is that with this approach you end up messing everything just with changing one of the things (either config files or the database).

Wasn't one of the points  of akonadi to separete things?

I get the point of the akonadi database, I don't with the config things in database or the other way around though.

Just my two cents

Marc