[Kde-pim] kontact and MS Exchange almost 100% working via OWA with davmail

Divan Santana divan at s-tainment.co.za
Tue Nov 15 07:46:13 GMT 2011

On Wednesday, 21 September 2011 22:04:56 Günter Lichtenberg wrote:
> 1.Upload of events that do not have a time associated (i.e. whole day
> event)  works, i.e. those events appear in the OWA calendar. Deleting the
> same event locally also works and is reflected in the OWA calendar.
>
> 2. Trying to create an event with an associated time triggers a long error
> message, the top saying "ErrorMimeContentConversionFailed". The full
> message  is at http://paste.kde.org/125929/
>
> Akonadi says
>
> AgentBase(akonadi_davgroupware_resource_2): Unable to add item: An
> unexpected  error (503) occurred while attempting to upload
> http://<myaccount>@localhost:1080/users/<myemail>/calendar/146a813d-c4e8-473
> 3- a647-90caaf1aa727.ics.
>
> The event stays in my local calendar but never appears on the OWA server.
>
> 3. As a test where the error might be, I tested using davmail and
> Thunderbird/Lightning Extension. Works without problems.
>
> So my guess is that somehow the event that is generated by the resource is
> not  conform either to the davmail protocol or the exchange protocol. But I
> am no expert.
>
> I use
> KDE 4.7.1 from opensuse repos, akonadi-runtime is version 1.6.
> Exchange Version I do not know (could check on Friday)
>
> BTW: the kcaldav resource with kdepim 4.4.11 works also without problems
> (compiled from Google repo at http://code.google.com/p/kcaldav/), maybe
> that  helps to find the problem.

Hi All,

Some rather very good news.
This strangely is working for me fine since kdepim 4.7.3.
I receive exchange invites and I accept. My Exchange calendar is updated
locally in kontact and it reflect almost immediately in MS Outlook Web Access
calendar, with the correct exact time and details.

It also then syncs down to my Android phone(although is out by just an hour).
The time correctly reflects on korganizer and OWA but out by an hour earlier on
Android (SGS2 with MIUI).

Can you guys test this again it looks like kdepim 4.7.3 can work with Exchange
calendar now! :)

I think possibly it's some update in kdepim 4.7.3 or the latest Davmail
possibly?
I'm now running davmail 3.9.6

Let me know your findings.

Btw, there is still a bug with replying to calendar events which doesn't work
with kmail2. Likely something that can be fixed really quick and easy.

On a side note I left kontact for a while since I found 4.7.0/1 horribly
unstable/buggy. I was shocked to see what a massive improvement kdepim 4.7.3
is. It's very stable, quick and working great all round for me! :) Thanks to
the great work but the kdepim team!! :)
--
Divan Santana