[Kde-pim] Invisible contacts

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:32:18 GMT 2011

I tried the user list, but got no reply, so I hope you'll forgive me asking
for help here.  After a couple of attempts with 4.7.3 Kontact, both
subsequently downgraded, I ended up in a mess, so I reinstalled to
make sure of a clean environment.  Almost everything is working
fine, but I have a big problem with the AddressBook.

My Default addressbook is Personal Contacts.  Below that I have
some folders, and in one case, some sub-folders.  All those folders
are populated, but the top-level, Personal Contacts, is empty,
despite the fact that I can see the records in Dolphin.

As a workaround I tried creating a new folder under Personal
Contacts, then copying the missing records into that, in Dolphin
(mistake?) but they don't show there either.

What can I do to make those records visible?  Preferrably where they
belong in the top-level, but any solution will be fine :-)

Anne