[Kde-pim] Akonadi::PayloadException: Wrong payload type

kaushik roideuniverse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:41:51 GMT 2011

> You get this if the plugin loader cannot find the serializer plugins.  This
> could happen if your XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable and your ld.so
> config
> do not agree about where to find the plugins.
>
> > How do i fix this??
>
> Try with a new user using the stable distro packages?

I fixed it finally. :)
I had proper entries in the serializer .desktop file, and it was getting
installed properly also.

Then i thought that something must be wrong in my app, but there also
everything turned out to be correct. In the end after playing around with
kdepimlibs it came down to the mime-type.
The mimetype of my application was not know so even thought my .desktop
file was getting read, in the function call findBestmatch somewhere in
kdepimlibs, it was getting ignored.
So I wrote a xml file for my mimetype and installed it, and wooo!
Everything worked! :)

--
Greetings,
Gsoc KDE 2009 student