[Kde-pim] Re: new Note class, a KMime::Message::Ptr wrapper

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:08:50 BST 2011

Christian Mollekopf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a notefeederagent for the akonotes resource, and therefore
> I wrote a small helper class (basically the KMime::Message::Ptr wrapper
> planned in akonadi_next).

That's cool, thanks for working on it.

> Now I think this class should go into kdepimlibs, as it would be useful
> for all apps using notes (kjots and my app atm.), but I don't know where
> exactly.

Something like this probably belongs in kdepimlibs/akonadi/notes or similar.
There's equivalents for contacts and calendars etc already.

> Maybe into the akonadi folder?
>
> I already attached the classes so maybe you can already give them a quick
> look (steven?)

I agree with the convenience of the class I'm not sure about the content of
the class. I'd like it to be possible to have inline images etc in notes and
generally be more aware of QTextDocument and related classes so that we can
extend it to embedded media and semantic links etc on the QTextDocument
level. That's what I'd like the Note class to be. There's a bit more
research needed into QTextDocument needed first though I think.

I'll have a closer look at another time. The message function should
probably exist somewhere for convenience and deduplification, but I'm not
sure it should be in a class called 'Note'.

Cheers,

Steve.