[Kde-pim] Re: new Note class, a KMime::Message::Ptr wrapper

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:42:45 BST 2011

Christian Mollekopf wrote:

> For now I think we just need the message function and the mimetype and
> icon name available.
> This would allow for deduplication in kjots, my app (MindMirror, ex.
> notetaker) and the notefeeder I am working on.
>
> So, to keep the Note class available for the above version, I would
> suggest to put this code as NoteMessageWrapper into
> kdepimlibs/akonadi/notes/noteutils.h,
> the namespace and icon name could go as free functions into the NoteUtils
> namespace.
>
> Would that be ok?

I'm fine with the mimetype and icon name as free functions in a NoteUtils
namespace, yes.

The current class implementation doesn't have the usual BiC protections (the
d pointer stuff), but if only the message method is needed maybe that can be
a free function as well? Maybe even rename it createMessage.