[Kde-pim] Nepomukfeeders duplicate all data

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 10 15:36:27 BST 2011

Hi,

as already mentioned previously there is a problem with the nepomuk fast
classes in the feederagents.

Unfortunately this affects all nepomuk-feeders we have and causes them to
duplicate all properties (summary, description, icon, etc.),
everytime the akonadi item is updated.

I think this is a rather critical issue and has to be fixed for the first
release.

As a quick fix i propose that we simply remove the old statement directly
using:

Soprano::Model::removeAllStatements( resUri, propUri, Soprano::Node() );

before adding the new statement using the NepomukFast classes.

Of course that is ugly as hell, but at least we don't fill the nepomuk
database with loads of duplicated info.

But we will need a proper replacement using the new DatamanagementService
which will be in kde-runtime as of 4.7,
which means replacing the usage of the NepomukFast classes with the DMS.

If there are no objections I will start fixing the existing feeders with
the aforementioned workaround.

Cheers,

Chris