[Kde-pim] Re: Nepomukfeeders duplicate all data

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 10 17:35:32 BST 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 16:36:27 +0200, Christian Mollekopf
<chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as already mentioned previously there is a problem with the nepomuk fast
> classes in the feederagents.
>
> Unfortunately this affects all nepomuk-feeders we have and causes them to
> duplicate all properties (summary, description, icon, etc.),
> everytime the akonadi item is updated.
>
> I think this is a rather critical issue and has to be fixed for the first
> release.
>
> As a quick fix i propose that we simply remove the old statement directly
> using:
>
> Soprano::Model::removeAllStatements( resUri, propUri, Soprano::Node() );
>
> before adding the new statement using the NepomukFast classes.

I revise my proposal, we should just use the normal Resource api, at least
for the calendar and contacts feeders.
Especially the contacts feeder has loads of addProperty calls and i
believe it would be easier to just switch the whole classes to
Nepomuk::Resource. (Nepomuk::Resource is supposed to check if the value is
already existing and avoid the duplication)

The email feeder would probably suffer the most from the reduced
performance, and has the base classes copied anyways,
so we can easily fix the few addProperty calls with a
Soprano::Model::removeAllStatements( resUri, propUri, Soprano::Node() );
call.

If we could even postpone the release of some of these feeders until the
dms is available, even better.