[Kde-pim] Re: Kdepim coding style: indentation

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 19:44:58 GMT 2011

--===============1351428311==

--nextPart2407591.Ub4vfTKC8l

On Tuesday 01 March 2011, S=E9rgio Martins wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM, David Jarvie <djarvie at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'd like to propose that the kdepim coding standard
> > http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/CodingStyle/Korganizer
> > should be amended to allow indentation with either 2 or 4 spaces.
>=20
> Good idea. We should move that standard to a more general page too.

I agree. But where? To TechBase? (On TechBase there is already the=20
kdelibs coding style and the CMake coding style.)

Or shall we leave it on Community, but move it to
http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/CodingStyle?

> > To avoid
> > confusion when reading code, the two indentations should not, of
> > course, be mixed together. The standard should stipulate that the
> > same indentation should be used throughout each source file.
>=20
> I suggest the same indentation be used in the same
> library/application instead of by file.
> Lots of applications have individual maintainers ( kfacebook, kalarm,
> ktimetracker... ) and they might not like random files with a
> different indentation.

The coding style does not apply to everything in KDE PIM.=20
http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/CodingStyle only mentions=20
KMail, KOrganizer, KNode, libkcal and libkabc explicitly.

Regards,
Ingo