[Kde-pim] Fwd: Experience with KMail 2 (from master)

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 14:28:45 GMT 2011

Hi there

After read in this mailist that kdepim is gettng close to a release I decided
to try again KMail2, and so far this is my experience:

Good:
1-The importation of my GMail Disconnected IMAP without nepomuk has been fast
and smooth.

2-akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder is NOT using 300% of cpy anymore :D

Bad:
2-Load folders with more than 10K of emails is slow (kde-core-devel with 18K
of emails takes around 30seconds and kde-commits with 95K takes minutes).

3-Leaks (I guess they are leaks): http://afiestas.org/files/memory.png
	-Notice dbus using 800Mb :s leak in dbus?

Can anyone give me some feedback if the bad things are known issues, and if I
can provide any more feedback?

Thanks!