[Kde-pim] Re: KMail - do distribution lists work ??

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 8 09:10:15 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 18:44:48 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2011 05:12:24 Peter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having problems with distribution lists in Kmail, and saw this thread:
> >
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1637111
> >
> > Is this problem/bug fixed yet ?
> >
> > Ubuntu 64 bit 10.04
> > KMail 1.13.5
> > KDE 4.4.5
>
> I use Fedora, 32-bit, so there are differences.  However, I saw that
> behaviour a long time ago - maybe a year ago?  Certainly Groups email does
> work now - I used it last week.  The UI is less than assuring, as it
> doesn't expand the group on your composer window, but a test email to a
> group that contains all my email addresses proves that the messages were
> delivered as expected.

I had a group called 'test' within an address book. When I added 3 names it
added the 3 corresponding email addresses. However, whenever I send an email,
and try using distribution list of 'test', it says '0 email addresses' each
time.

It seems the address book (GUI) leads me to beleive that it has those 3
contacts stored as a group, but the group/distribution list is empty when in
composer mode.

Peter