[Kde-pim] Akonadi update conflicts

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 17:03:02 BST 2011

I notice that in kdepim-users list, there have been some complaints about
the Akonadi conflict resolution dialog appearing in kmail. Users don't
necessarily understand what this is for, or how to select which option to
choose.

Previously in KAlarm, I found that I couldn't avoid frequent conflict
resolution dialogs which occurred due to updates in quick succession not
being handled in strict order, and in the end had to disable revision
checking and implement a queueing mechanism, which seems to work.

In light of the kmail also having these issues, I wonder whether we need a
proper queuing mechanism for Akonadi updates so that applications can
specify the order to apply updates in a predictable way, rather than
handling them asynchronously and complaining if they are handled out of
order.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.