[Kde-pim] Re: KMail2 going crazy (imap_resource)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Jul 26 09:38:45 BST 2011

Hi Alex,

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 01.34:20 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> I think that this behavior happened when I open my kde-commit folder with
> 114K emails.

FWIW, I also have issues with KMail2 and very large email folders.

Usually I archive all relevant email in an "Archive" folder. So these folders
can get quite large. My Kolab Systems Archive folder now has over 112k emails,
and I can no longer open it. KMail2 just sits there, and the busy indicator
for accessing the email just never stops indicating busy, but I never see the
mailbox.

At least it does not eat my CPU as it does for you, and I can still work on
the other folders, but still... somewhat annoying to no longer be able to look
up old emails.

Best regards,
Georg

--