[Kde-pim] Re: KMail2 going crazy (imap_resource)

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Jul 31 10:17:02 BST 2011

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 01:34:20 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Hi there
>
> After watching my CPU going 100% for 30 min I open akonadiconsole and
> clicked on the Debugger, this is the output:
>
> http://afiestas.org/files/out-14.ogv
> http://paste.kde.org/101425/
>
> I think that this behavior happened when I open my kde-commit folder with
> 114K emails.
>
> Can I provide any information/debugging info to help? as many of you know my
> KMail2 setup uses up to 3gb of ram some times... and maybe this is part of
> the problem.

if you are using master, you might want to try reverting
35cf4a0b31affe46611e934ebb9312fc9fe3411a in kdepim.git. I suspect this
considerably increases resource usage for folder opening (both CPU and
memory). Could definitely be enough to push your KMail over the edge.

Not sure if this also ended up in 4.7, if so we might want to revert it there
as well, its cost far outweigh the the benefits (fixing a mailman integration
feature) IMHO.

regards
Volker