[Kde-pim] Re: KMail2 going crazy (imap_resource)

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:09:13 BST 2011

2011/7/26 Georg C. F. Greve <greve at kolabsys.com>:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Tuesday 26 July 2011 01.34:20 Alex Fiestas wrote:
>> I think that this behavior happened when I open my kde-commit folder with
>> 114K emails.
>
> FWIW, I also have issues with KMail2 and very large email folders.
>
> Usually I archive all relevant email in an "Archive" folder. So these folders
> can get quite large. My Kolab Systems Archive folder now has over 112k emails,
> and I can no longer open it. KMail2 just sits there, and the busy indicator
> for accessing the email just never stops indicating busy, but I never see the
> mailbox.
>
> At least it does not eat my CPU as it does for you, and I can still work on
> the other folders, but still... somewhat annoying to no longer be able to look
> up old emails.

Same here with only +88k mails (maildir format).

I have few "top level" maildir directories (Buddies, Work,
MailingLists, Family, ... and a few others) with many, many maildir
subdirectories. I'm breaking them down into a whole bunch of maildir
directories with few maildir subdirectories and e-mails to see if
KMail2 imports them but I haven't finished yet ... Been all wekend at
it and got through 1/5 of the folders ...

I hope to be able to try out what I've done this weekend today or
tomorrow and see more or less the maximum size of the maildir folders.

   Rafa