[Kde-pim] Re: akonadi items with ids

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri Feb 11 09:16:55 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 10 February 2011 22:14:11 deloptes wrote:
> Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but probably someone would
> know the answer.

Yes, this is the right place to ask.

> So I'm wondering if the Id of an item (which is actually created by akonadi
> internally) can be specified when creating an item (given item with this id
> does not exist) and how can I create an item with specific Id. I don't
> understand quite well this qint type definition.

The Akonadi item ID can't be specified when creating the item, as you said it
is assigned internally by Akonadi, fully automatic. What is your usecase for
specifying the item ID yourself?

If you are developing a resource, what you probably want is setting the
"remote ID". That remote ID can be assigned by the resource which creates the
item, and is used as an unique resource-internal identifier.

qint is just a typedef for a normal int.

Regards,
Thomas