[Kde-pim] Re: akonadi items with ids

deloptes deloptes at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:30:40 GMT 2011

Thomas McGuire wrote:

> If you are developing a resource, what you probably want is setting the
> "remote ID". That remote ID can be assigned by the resource which creates
> the item, and is used as an unique resource-internal identifier.
>
> qint is just a typedef for a normal int.

thank you, so it's absolutely impossible?!

I am trying (I have) to uplift a code for opensync and I noticed that in the
old kdepim for kde3 it was actually checking if an item with the given id
exists, if so it's updating the content if not creating with the given id,
which seems to be not possible with akonadi, so I'm wondering how I can do
it.
The thing is that I'm getting an uid like '123', which is not as unique as
expected, but I'll discuss this in the other group.
My current solution is to use the remoteId as you mentioned above, but
something is not working as expected. I'll double-check.

Thanks for the input

regards