[Kde-pim] Re: akonadi items with ids

deloptes deloptes at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 16:55:45 GMT 2011

Hi, and thank you for the hint

Thomas McGuire wrote:

> Remote ids are not globally unique, they are only unique within a
> resource, and there items in different collections may even have the same
> remote ID. It is purely an implementation detail of the resource, I don't
> think normal clients should use it.

I think remoteId is exactly what I need if the ID can not be setas I'm using
it in the scope of the specific ressource (collection).

> If you really need opensync-specific information for each Item, add an
> Attribute to it when you create it. You can put any data you want into an
> Attribute, including an opensync-specific ID.

This is possible and AFAIK it is available in OpenSync, but as I see it it
doesn't really matter if a client would use the remoteId or a custom tag.

I was not quite sure after looking into the headers where you can request an
Item with specific Id i.e. Item *item = new Item ( 100 ). Unfortunately
after quick test I couldn't create such an item.

I think my problem is that when I create akonadi item it gets remoteId
i.e. "ABCDEFGH" nut i.e. the phone would not accept this id.

I need to look deeper into it, but the idea of using custom flags is also
not that bad.

thanks and regards