[Kde-pim] Re: Commandline tool for Akonadi query & export

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:35:42 BST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Michael Schuerig <michael.lists at schuerig.de
> wrote:

> Hello out there,
>
> I'm new on this list and I haven't done any C++/Qt/KDE programming for
> ages. I don't plan to become a regular PIM developer, for the time
> being, I only like to implement a useful tool, unless something like it
> exists already.
>
> My immediate need is that I want to export my contacts in a format
> suitable for importing as a phonebook into a Fritz!Box router/DECT base
> station. The shortcut to achieve this would be to mangle the files
> locally cached in ~/.local/share/contacts/. If at all practical, I'd
> prefer to do it through Akonadi.

Syncevolution has an export feature for contacts/calendar/notes of a profile
to a file or a directory or to the stdout:

for example

$./syncevolution --export -  myovi calendar
prints all my Calendar Entries

You can get it from here:
http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-middleware/syncevolution

Here is how to configure it:
http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/
syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/Readme

Checkout syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/akonadisyncsource.*

for the code, its well commented,Eventhough it isn't Ruby, I have a feeling
that this is all you need ...
I'm sure you can get your way through :)

Cheers,
Dinesh

I have found the tutorials on techbase.kde.org, but they still leave me