[Kde-pim] Re: Commandline tool for Akonadi query & export

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:45:50 BST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Michael Schuerig <
michael.lists at schuerig.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 21 April 2011, Dinesh wrote:
>
> > Syncevolution has an export feature for contacts/calendar/notes of a
> > profile to a file or a directory or to the stdout:
> [...]
>
> > Checkout syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/akonadisyncsource.*
> >
> > for the code, its well commented,Eventhough it isn't Ruby, I have a
> > feeling that this is all you need ...
> > I'm sure you can get your way through :)
>
> Dinesh, thanks for suggesting syncevolution. I'm not sure if it really
> does what I'm trying to do, but it'll be interesting to look at the code
> anyway. Besides, I noticed that its main author lives less than 5km from
> me.

Great :)
Basically I assume these are the functions you are looking for, for your
Application :

virtual void listAllItems(SyncSourceRevisions::RevisionMap_t &revisions);
virtual InsertItemResult insertItem(const std::string &luid, const
std::string &item, bool raw);
virtual void readItem(const std::string &luid, std::string &item, bool raw);
virtual void removeItem(const string &luid);

in
Syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/AkonadiSyncSource.cpp

> That said, I haven't been able to build syncevolution with Akonadi
> support, as described in its src/backends/akonadi/README. Apparently,
> configure goes into an infinite loop

> checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
> checking for KEYRING... no
> checking kwallet.h usability... no
> checking kwallet.h presence... no
> checking for kwallet.h... no
> = no
> = no
> = no
> = no
>
> Notably, it does not find kwallet.h, even though it is present in
> /usr/include, which is correctly returned by kde4-config --path include.
> AFAIK, the fault lies with the kwallet check, as
>
> $ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal
>
> works, but
>
> $ ./configure --disable-ebook --disable-ecal --enablekwallet
>
> goes into the loop.
>
> Do you have any idea what's going wrong here?

Well this used to happen when We had hardcoded paths to /usr/include for
kwallet.h and Akonadi/Collection.. But recently we have changed that to use
kde4-config , as in

Syncevolution/configure-pre.in - line 436

KDE_KWALLET_CFLAGS="-I`kde4-config --path include` -I`kde4-config --path
include`/KDE -I`qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS`"

and
Syncevolution/src/backends/akonadi/confugure-sub.in

KDEPIM_CFLAGS="-I`kde4-config --path include` -I`kde4-config --path
include`/KDE -I`qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS`"

So i m not entirely sure, where lies the problem now... I remember Rohan
complaining about Syncevolution not compiling when using zsh (which I
haven't yet verified), so can that be a problem? (i m on bash)

Could you make sure that you have all these dependencies?

sudo apt-get install libnotify-dev libboost-dev libakonadi-dev
akonadi-server libqt4-dev kdepim-runtime kdepimlibs5-dev akonadiconsole
libbluetooth-dev libsoup-gnome2.4-dev libopenobex-dev libglib2.0-dev
libdbus-glib-1-dev libtool intltool automake xsltproc libsqlite3-dev
libpcre3-dev

(this is what I have on my Ubuntu box)
Also, the blog post is a pretty old one, and recently the code has been
merged into the master of Syncevolution's Meego repo (git://
gitorious.org/meego-middleware/syncevolution.git). So you might be
interested to fetch it from there. (the blog post is NOW updated :P)

Cheers,
Dinesh