[Kde-pim] Addressbook questions

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Sun Sep 26 18:34:09 BST 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010 11:20:24 Tobias König wrote:

Hiho,

> > I found a default address book which originally corresponded to my
> > stc.vcf file. I'm not sure if that relation is still maintained. The
> > access date of the file changes as I use KMail or KAddressbook, but some
> > information seems to be not in that file. If I check the address book
> > properties in KAddressbook, no file name is set for this Akonadi
> > Resource.
>
> I recommend to remove the address book which corresponds to std.vcf and add
> a  'personal contacts' address book instead. To migrate the contacts from
> std.vcf to 'personal contacts' execute the 'kaddressbookmigrator'
> executable.
Does that lead to a new UID for the contacts? Users of Kraft reported that
the migration to KDE4 made the UIDs of their contacts changing. That would
be very bad, because Kraft stores the UID as a reference to the addressee
of a document. If the UID changes, it would mean that the receiver of the
doc is lost.
How can be worked around these problems?

regards,

Klaas