[Kde-pim] Re: KDE PIM and mobile device sync

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 08:36:12 GMT 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:09, Dinesh <saidinesh5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!  Yes , Currently with Syncevolution you can sync your N86's Calendar,
> Contacts and Notes with KDE PIM

Yes!!!!

> You can get the information about the program over here:
> http://saidinesh5.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/are-we-there-yet/

I did read that. I am not a developer, though, so I have a steep
leraning curve and I expect to get stuck. I will try the directions
that you mention on that page, and I will wait until after your exam
to bug you with questions if I get stuck and cannot google my way out
of it.

> 1)Adding support for KDE-Specific extensions: currently, the KDE specific
> fields(Spouse, Blog ,etc...) wont sync. with anything else. they simply will
> be wiped clean. This has to change.

The fact that certain fields are KDE-specific should be made explicit
to those wishing to sync. I have been thinking about that for some
time, I will mention something to Thomas or file an RFE on the matter.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il